Sunday, October 12, 2008

Beautiful Weekend


It's been getting cold and we've been bundled up, but then on Thursday all the sudden the sun came back out and it was in the 70's again! Wahoo! Kaci and I spent all day outside at the park. It stayed nice all weekend, so we took advantage. Friday night we all went to the park and Brad and I played basket-ball hockey on rollerblades. We used Kaci's big bouncey ball as our puck when she stole our puck. We had so much fun trying to shoot baskets on blades with our hockey sticks. I laughed so hard I had an asthma attack!

Then on Saturday we ventured up to Shenandoah National Forest (famous skyline drive) to hike. We went to the 83 foot South River Falls. Kaci liked touching all the trees, finding rocks under the fallen leaves, seeing the waterfall, and playing in the stream. We had a great time. It was fun to hike through the forest here, especially with all the leaves starting to change colors.

hiking, hiking hiking


Kaci pointing to the waterfall (sorry the picture is so dark, you can hardly see the falls in it)
This is what she is pointing at!

All of us at the waterfall

Brad and Kaci during a pit stop to find rocks under the fallen leaves and play in the stream.


1 comment:

Kim's just sayin' said...

i bet it's soooo pretty there this time of year. I've always wanted to be back East for Fall. Lucky girl. :) but I have to admit that I'm glad I don't have to worry about it getting cold.