Thursday, April 30, 2009

Our First ER visit

We went to the ER last night. Kaci had been wheezing and coughing all day. I made her take it easy. Before bed I made her sit and watch a movie but she was still panting and her cough was getting pretty pathetic, I got nervous. I called a nurse hotline number and the nurse encouraged me to take her to the ER. We spent 4 hours there. She got an x-ray, a steroid shot, a breathing treatment and lots of unwanted attention. She has viral bronchitis. She's doing fine. She likes taking the breathing treatments, at least at first. She thinks the smoke coming out is funny. It should only last a week or so. I now know how my mom felt during my asthmas attacks, it's not fun to watch your little girl struggle to breathe.

9 comments:

Jana said...

That is so hard! Er trips are no fun! That exact same thing happened to us in Feb! Hope she gets better soon.

The Spicers said...

Good thing it wasn't anything worse! We hope that she keeps getting better and better!

newsinaminute said...

brad was telling us a little about the kaci being sick--when we were talking to him on the phone tonight
you can be sure we'll be praying for her speedy recovery--poor little thing--sounds like she took it all in stride--that is scary when they can't catch their breath

Kim's just sayin' said...

oh wow that sad little story totally gave me flash backs to how scary it always seemed when you had crazy asthma attacks as a kid. do you even remember when you were little and stayed in the hospital? so sad. I hope she's better soon. give her a big kiss from me.

Nancy K said...

Ahhhhhh!
we love you little Kaci!
Feel better!!!!

Krystal and Bruce said...

oh poor thing! i remember always being so scared when you had your attacks when we were little!!! I hope she gets better soon!!

Hebner Happenings said...

kaci, you have a very good mommie and she will take good care of you. Ma Verdi will make you something special....I love you my little scooter pie!

Brianne said...

whoa that's scary..I'm so glad there is modern medicine to help little kaci out!! hope she will get better soon! take care you guys!

Anderson Family said...

How Scary I am glad Kaci is doing better.