Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fourth of July Fun

We went to a really fun place for the 4th. Nancy got us in for super cheap ($3 a person)!

We rode water slides, bounced around on bounce houses, climbed through a super fun play place, played laser tag, and we could have skated if we wanted to. And I'm not talking about just the kids, the adults could play too. We had a blast! The place is in Sandy, and it is worth every penny you pay!



We also had a yummy BBQ with my traditional fruit salad in a watermelon, potato salad, corn on the cob, hamburgers, and chips. I'm telling you it was delicious! After dinner we had a our little fireworks show and Kaci joined in on the fun. I tried to explain to her that drugs are for thugs, but she wanted to take a puff anyway....

just kidding, she got a big wiff of the smoke from the sparkeler. She loved waving it around.
Last but not least Brad and I went to Ensign Peak to watch the fireworks go off all over the valley. It was fun. I'm glad I got to go to Ensign Peak. That's where the pioneers surveyed the valley and mapped out the city and where the temple should go. It was cool so see what came of their vision for the city.

If you look close you can see the SLC temple. I wish Utah would have made a rule that nothing could be built bigger than the temple for 5 square miles around it. I hate all those ulgy buildings that block the temple. It is WAY prettier and cooler than any of those dumb buildings.

1 comment:

Nancy K said...

We were glad you were there with us!