Sunday, September 28, 2008

Completos

"Chi-Chi-Chi
Le-Le-Le
Viva Chile"

Brad served his mission in Chile, so every September 18th, we celebrate their independence day, which is just an excuse for Brad to make mission food and tell lots of stories. This is the first year Liam didn't come, we were sad about that. It was also the lamest celebration we've ever had. We were all miserably sick, but we ate completos anyway. Completos are huge hot dogs with avocado, cheese, tomato, mayo, mustard, ketchup, and onion. They actually are good, unfortunately we couldn't taste 'em. Kaci dug in anyway.

3 comments:

Kim's just sayin' said...

man I wish I could join in on the celebration, except I'd skip the hot dog part, the rest sounds Delish. BTW, as I'm typing this I'm half listening to Nate read out of one of his mish journals. He found a card and the smell just brought everything back!!! gotta love the obsession with missions. :)

newsinaminute said...

so glad you keep remembering the good times and good food of chile
completos--look like a very complete meal--do they feel you up
the avocado part sounds good to me
my favorite was the bite Kaci was taking..cute cute

Cierra said...

those are HUGE!!!

now really, doesn't EVERYTHING taste better with avocado on it? let's be honest.