Thursday, September 25, 2008

Yankee Candles

(if you got an email about my yankee candle fundraiser, no need to read this post!)

I have a pitiful request, proposition, plea... whatever you want to call it.

So, I've joined a MOMS group here in Harrisonburg. It's great, I get to hang out with people and someone else watches Kaci for a couple hours. They do all kinds of different stuff (motivational speakers, crafts, games, socializing in general etc). It's been great to go and meet people there. I've made lots of friends and Kaci enjoys playing with Summer, the baby sitter for her age group.

Great, but why am I blogging about it? Well, they've asked me to do a fund raiser. They used to charge people per meeting, but they are trying something new this year. They used to charge 3 dollars plus the 3 dollars for the babysitter (which means I'd pay 6 bucks). Honestly, I wouldn't be able to go if I had to pay. I'm lucky the meetings are in walking distance. Anyhow, I'm hoping to raise a little money for the group so Kaci and I can keep going to it.

So, what am I selling? Yankee candles! Yeah, at least it's something people like. They've got some little Christmas gift ideas and what not in the catalog. Just check out the brochure at http://www.yankeefundraising.com/html/includes/catalogs/FallCatalogs.html and then call me with your order. The sale ends October 23rd.

They're also doing a Chic-fil-a night that I'm suppose to invite everyone to, but most of you won't be in town for it, sorry. It's October 14th, just in case you were wondering. If you want to buy some candles that would be amazing. If you don't, well, at least I tried right! I haven't done a fund raiser in so long. I think they'd also love donations if you're more into that. Checks just need to made out to MOMS.

Sorry to solicit like this, I just really like this moms group.

No comments: