Monday, July 20, 2009

Newest Nephew

I have a new nephew... litte Mason. The first of my sister's kid's that I won't hold as a newborn. I'm so sad, but at the same time so happy that my little sis is there doing what I can't do. Somehow having her there makes me feel like I'm there. I love that she travels across the ocean to be there for these things.

It's been a bitter sweet thing to think about this new little one. Just when I thought I was totally over the whole miscarriage, I wept uncontrollably again thinking about what my sister is doing right now.

Aloha Mason... the warmest Aloha from your Aunt-y Kerri. I wish I could meet you sooner than what I will.

2 comments:

Krystal and Bruce said...

=] i will give him lots of hugs in kisses in the name of you!!! I will always be at my babies births if i'm not a mission or prego myself

Jennifer said...

Keri,
I'm torn between "this could help" and "she might not want to dwell on it". So, I'm giving you this web address but totally won't be offended if you don't go there. This is from a blog I read of a bishop and his family. His wife just had a miscarriage and he posted about his feelings and how they were dealing with it. And I thought of you when he said "miscarriage is a common thing but not often talked about" maybe thats because we don't know what to say?

http://thecraigreport.blogspot.com/2010/05/unexpected-plans.html

Love you
Sis. Mendenhall