Sunday, November 15, 2009

Temple Date

A lady in my ward with 5 kids offered to babysit Kaci so Brad and I could go to them temple together. She's one of those amazing moms who is a complete whiz at everything she does. I hesitated to accept her offer (because she already has 5 kids), but she insisted. So, I dropped Kaci off at her house at 8am and didn't return until after 6pm (the temple is 2 hours away) Is your jaw dropping yet? When we picked Kaci up, she not only kept all 5 kids alive, fed, and happy. She also canned apple pie filling, made muffins, lunch and dinner, and pulled out a hot apple cobbler from the oven. I'm telling you she's amazing. Oh, and one of my favorite things about her is that she and her kids make leaves and hang them from the ceiling for fall. There are like 100 leaves hanging by fish line from her ceiling. There are also lots of hand drawn pictures taped to the walls and furniture. She lets her kids decorate too. I love this lady. Kaci had the time of her life yesterday...

And so did I. I got to spend that entire day with Brad. No entertaining Kaci, nothing to worry about at all. We talked non-stop the entire time we drove there and back. Apparently we had some catching up to do. This is the busiest time of year for Brad, so naturally I am exhausted too because he is gone more. A whole day to just be together was very much needed and appreciated. I can't tell you how in love with that man I really am. Going to the temple reminds how deep and lasting our love is already and that it has yet to get even more amazing as we stay married to each other.

2 comments:

Nancy K said...

Sounds like a great friend and a wonderful time.

Topsy and Havoc said...

so glad you got to go...sounds like a hot date. i LOVE hot dates with the husband.